South Korea Part I


South Korea
Even though I lived a year in Korea I didn't get the chance to travel much. Reason being, I was pregnant and traveling in any way whether it was by train, bus or even the cab, it made me nauseous. Sometimes I had to get off the train to take a minute. Let's just say when I had doctors appointments in Seoul I left really early, also it was a 2-hour train ride from where I lived.

As I was creating my list I realized that it seemed to get longer and longer so I decided that this will have more than one part to it, but let's be honest it was kind of expected.


Homigot
Since Homigot is the picture for this post I thought why not go ahead and put it up first. Homigot is the most Eastern point of the Korean peninsula and is at the end of the so-called tigers tail which is where the name Hamigot comes from. The hand seen in the picture is also called the hand of coexistence. 


Namsan Seoul Tower
Even though I have seen the tower from afar I never had the chance to go up and see it up close. It is definitely on my to go list when I am back in Seoul. Definitely, a very popular place to take panoramic pictures of Seoul. Another popular thing to do is to leave Love lockets at the tower. :) 



Gyeongbokgung 
Gyeongbokgung was build after the Joseon dynasty was founded and served as the main palace It used to be in the heart of Koreas capital and continued to be expanded until the Japenese invasion of 1952 destroyed it. In 1989 a 40-year initiative was started to rebuild and renovate Gyeongbokgung. 


Busan
Busan is a beautiful coastal city in the South East of Korea. Every time I see new pictures of it I seem to fall in love with it even more. I think since I have lived only in coastal states, I have a habit of loving being close to the water. Even though I don't tan because I'm so pale but it's just that the air is completely different. Busan is definitely a city where I would get a lot of use out of my DSLR.


Suncheon Bay
Suncheon Bay is a salt wetland on the southern coast of Korea. It's extremely gorgeous and is called home by many animals. It's also a big spawning ground for fish, crab and other shellfish. 

I am just looking forward to taking my camera and taking endless pictures of Koreas beauty! I didn't want to make this post too long so this was part 1 of my Korea bucket list. I might be making a post dedicated to only Seoul as well as I am planning a trip to Korea for the end of the year. Fingers crossed things will work out! 

Suggestions are greatly appreciated it. Simply drop a comment down below. :) 

xoxo, Nicole






Comments

Popular Posts