2018 Dream Concert Seoul - Thoughts


Today was the 2018 Dream Concert which was organized by Korean Entertainment Producer’s Association. The Idol line up was rather large and honestly I got up at 4 am to watch it. It was a really rainy day in Seoul today and let me tell you it wasn't well organized in my opinion. But before I get into my rant and share my thoughts with, let me introduce the line up to you. 

SHINee‘s TaeMin, RedVelvet, SEVENTEEN, NCT, LovelyzGFriendMAMAMOO, ASTRO, DIA, UNB, UNI.T, MXM, THEBOYZ, TRCNG, GoldenChild, fromis_9, IN2IT, Rainz, 24K, HALO, BigFlo, DREAMCATCHER, MYTEEN, LipBubble, SHA SHA, IZ, WheeSung, YounHa.


As I have mentioned before it was a rainy day in Seoul, the concert took place in Seoul's World Cup Stadium. So, open air concert. I personally wished that they had some kind of a back up plan. A tarp or something. It was bad from the beginning. As NCT Dream performed Super Juniors Miracle, Jisung slipped and fell on stage falling pretty hard onto his shoulder, Mark slipped as well. This was just the beginning of the concert. While I appreciate the staff doing the best day can and trying to wipe the stage after every performance, the weather was simply not holding up and it kept getting worse and worse. Any group with a more powerful choreography was struggling. 
People slipped and had to catch their balance left and right, some even completely fell. Since I am a Czennie (NCTzen) I was talking with other Czennies during the concert and we all shared info that we found. Taeyong was worried and often came out of the waiting room to check the condition of the stage. Their major performance that worried me the most simply due to the fact that it has a lot of jumps and even a pyramid in it was Black on Black. Luckily, they changed it up a bit and left a lot of the jumps out and you could see just how careful they were dancing, this goes for all groups! Still, people slipped and fell. 

Everyone was drenched from the rain and is probably carrying some bruises now. I really wish KEPA would have had a backup plan. I understand the business side behind it that they can't just cancel the concert however, the risk was really great for one of the idols to become seriously injured. I just really think that KEPA should make arrangements for next year just in case it is going to be another rainy day! Because in reality, it is no fun for the idols to perform and slip or fun for the fans to watch and see their idols get hurt. 

On a more uplifting note it was nice to see the fandom interactions. SEVENTEENS Carats were seen switching their lightstick colors to green during NCT's performance. What a beautiful gesture. This is how fandoms should behave, these fan wars are just too much and really make no sense. Thank you Carats!!! 
Credit goes to the rightful owner of this picture. 

Despite the fact that they had to perform in horrible and dangerous stage conditions they all gave it their best! They all performed well! They truly all live for their fans! 
I truly hope non of you who fell are seriously injured, please get checked out and rest. 

For the future, I will KEPA and other organizations that are responsible for planning events like that will think about the change in weather, this way not only the fans stay dry but the idols stay safe and make it through without an injury. 

I will talk more about this on KPOP Coffee Talk so stay tuned!
xoxo, Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts