A narrative that isn't serving me
Another thing I need to learn is to be more confident and more self-assured. I have this thing that I tell myself: I am not good enough. And I do this for literally everything, whether it’s my art, my crafts, or other things. I always say, " Oh, it’s not good enough" or " Oh, I am not good enough". Much like I ask my husband a million times a day if he loves me because of this narrative that my mind has conjured up about me not being worthy or lovable.
But honestly, that narrative is bullshit and doesn’t serve me
at all!
Nor is any of that true, but it is so ingrained in my brain
that it is hard to let go of. I need to reprogram my brain and not ask a
million times and not doubt my creations. Sure, some of the stuff I create
probably isn’t for everyone because tastes differ, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t good. I get so defeated when I hear people don’t like my art, but it should be okay.
I don’t know how to reprogram my brain, but I am certainly
going to try!
DO you have a narrative you tell yourself that isn’t serving
you?
Feel free to let me know in the comments.




Comments
Post a Comment