5 Things I've Learned In 2017


Every year we go through changes. Every year we learn something new. 2017 was an incredibly busy year, we moved twice over 5000 miles, moved houses 3 times and many more changes have happened. Ome of the main theme of this year has been people, people have back stapped, left, and shown their true faces. I want to share (insert number) things I have learned in 2017. 

1. People want you to drop everything for them! I mean this was nothing crazy new to me but it was just the craziest of experiences for me this year. I work really hard to finish college so I can give my family a better life, while my semester is going on people message me and tell me how I am never available anymore. ( I want to add that I am taking all online senior level classes, which require a lot of work) but as soon as my semester is over and I actually have time, no one writes a message, nothing. Loosing 3 hours of schoolwork on a day can set me so incredibly far behind that it's not even funny anymore, but no one understands it apparently. 

2. Sometimes we need to take a detour to find our way! We had moved to Alaska because there were certain things put in place for us or so we thought. Time was running out for us because my in-laws were having to give up their house and we were living with them. Financially we couldn't make it on our own, at the time my husband didn't have work, and rent is so high in Florida that we would have been homeless. The VA wasn't much of help either. So we took the chance, sold pretty much everything we had and left Florida. Turns out things weren't quite as expected, I would have lost 3/4 of my progress towards my degree if I had transferred schools and financially we were off worse! So I called my best friend who had just moved into a bigger house and she had offered her spare room before, and we agreed to rent it from here. So off we went back to Florida. After a few months we moved together with my Mom in law into a house we could afford renting by splitting the rent with her. Hubby found a rather profitable workplace and things are looking up, we actually have money to spare instead of living paycheck to paycheck! Sometimes, we need to take chances and even if they don't work out maybe it's just a way for you to find your way back to the right path.

3. If you don't help yourself no one will! This may sound harsh but it's a saying my dad has been living by for years. It's true. You are the only one who is truly capable of helping yourself. When you are really in need of help, not many people will show up. And if there are people showing up at your door, count yourself lucky! I am there when people need me simply because I was raised that way but I might have to start changing a bit and look a bit more at myself and my family. When I was down with the flu, and couldn't drive my kid to school do you think anyone offered to take her or came by with dinner for at least my kid? No. It took 10 times longer to get rid of that bug than needed be because my husband and I kept trading germs when he felt better he stayed up to let me rest but would feel horrible the next day so I took over, just to feel horrible the day after that. It's fun going to the store when you are all dizzy and nauseous. BUT I did. People wonder why I am more of an animal person than a human person, that's the reason why. People let you down way too often.

4. I am capable of so much more than I ever thought! This past semester was crazy busy and one of my classes had me do a lot of things I wasn't sure if I could do BUT I managed and past the class with 110%. Yes, he gave me extra credit because the work I had done was better than what other people had submitted. One of the videos I made was about Child Abductions and I am insanely proud of it so I am leaving you all the link for you all. Once Upon A Puppy

5. Be YOU and don't let anyone dull your shine or your sparkle! I seem to fall into the same trap every year that I somehow have to change myself for people to accept me. Every year I start out by being completely ok being the nerdy, weird, gamer I am but in the middle of the year, I feel like I have to pretend to be someone else just to have friends. Truth is, it makes you feel pretty damn unhappy and uncomfortable. Just be yourself, if people don't like you, oh well they can go bother someone else. True friendships only come from those who accept your weirdness and probably are just as crazy and weird! Don't change yourself to fit in. Live your life being yourself and not trying to fit in. I know this is one of my flaws that I have had since I've been in school, hard habit to break.

What have you guys learned this year? Leave a comment down below. 
xoxo, Nicole


Comments

Popular Posts