What happened to me?

Where have I been, you may ask?!

My last blog post was about Hurricane Irma and that was in September, since then my blog has been pretty quiet. You may wonder what in the world has happened, well the easy answer is that my Semester was filled with higher departmental classes of which I took all of them online. Meaning I spend most of my time writing papers, creating lesson plans, and preparing lessons with integrated Technology. Not to forget squeezing in some French homework. 

Most days were filled with dropping off my kid at school, sitting down reading books and writing papers, picking my kid up from school and going back to writing my paper. Let's just say that as much as I wanted to write a blog post the whole idea of writing in my free time was out of the question, every free minute I got was spend with my kiddo. I truly hope you all understand this. Family always comes first. 

Another thing that has happened is that we moved house again :) We moved together with my mother-in-law to help each other out paying rent etc. We absolutely love this house, we even got a lake view, a peaceful neighborhood with lots of children that my daughter gets to play with. This is also a neighborhood where I found more Schnauzers in the first week of living here than the whole time I have lived in the US. 

I also want to mention that we went to MegaCon this year and go to meet Ruth Connell, John Barrowman, and Alex Kingston. Let's just say my daughter adores John Barrowman because he loves everyone just the way they are and he is all for staying true to oneself. This is why I will always let her come along to Convention because that's where she is truly excepted for who she is. No matter how nerdy she is. We also made amazing new friends and always have the best experiences! 

My semester is over and I was able to maintain all A's again this semester. You should be able to see more frequent content on my blog again and I am absolutely hoping that next semester will not quite be as crazy and that I will actually have some time to write my posts! 

I am also hoping to give you all a little more insight on how it is being in school at a later age then when you traditionally would go to college, and how I manage everything with a child. If you have any questions about the teaching profession and/or the classes I am taken or have taken, feel free to comment down below or shoot me an email :) 

I hope you all have a great December and a wonderful advent time :) 

xoxo, Nicole


Comments

Popular Posts