Christmas is


Christmas is togetherness

Why am I saying this you may wonder. My dad had sent me a video which made me think. It was Santa flying around a quiet village where everyone was just walking alone, the Christmas tree stood lonely in the middle of the town center, no person around it to admire its beauty or talk to a neighbor, friend, or stranger for that matter. 
What has happened to Christmas and the time of year where you could feel the warmth of peoples hearts, how open and loving everyone was. 

The video was true and showcased how much the world has changed, even in the years from when I was a kid to now.  We have become way more self-centered and aren't even thinking about maybe helping that elderly lady out carrying her groceries or something like that. But on the other hand, everyone has become worried when random strangers come up to you. Simply because the times have changed and the world seems to have become more violent. Any many people don't feel safe walking alone in the dark anymore.

I started this post over 2 weeks ago but got sick with the flu and haven't been feeling well enough to sit on the computer. Tomorrow is already Christmas Eve, while my main message was supposed to encourage you to be nice and do some random acts of kindness before the holidays. In reality, that is something that needs to happen more during the whole year and not just when people feel all jolly and festive.

Let's make this one of our New Year's Resolutions. Why not be more mindful of our neighbors, a little gesture of kindness can go a long way!

Spend time together with the people you love, with your family, your grandparents. Father Time doesn't stop and we all know what that means. I am hoping to go home in 2018 for my Dad's 60th Birthday and to see my Grandparents again. I know that their health isn't the best and I don't know how much longer I have with them. Be aware of time and how fast it can pass. Make an effort to be in someone's life. It doesn't take that much to call someone or send a small little letter.

Stay safe everyone and have a Merry Christmas

 xoxo, Nicole


Comments

Popular Posts