What's on my Christmas Tree?


We are only two weeks away from Christmas, I think by now we all have our trees up and decorated. We usually put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, however, we were a little later this year, as you all may know we moved cross country twice this year and sold our old tree when we first moved to Alaska. So I had to order a new one, which I completely regret getting. Le's just say that the picture was nothing like the tree that actually came in but a tree is better than no tree.

A lot of our special decorations are also still in Alaska because shipping is just so incredibly expensive. e kept this tree rather simple and changed the coloring of it, most of our ornaments used to be red and gold but this year we went for blue, silver and white. Creating a frosty feeling for our tree as we will not have snow here in Florid. Channeling our little Alaska.

One of our traditions is that every year we get one or two new ornaments, this year I got a nativity scene because I couldn't believe I didn't have one for my tree yet. My childhood tree had a silver nativity scene ornament on it. Since the holiday season is also the time for homesickness I wanted to bring something to our tree that reminded me of home.


The next Ornament is like an old red schoolhouse and it's really cute, we had noticed that the blues and whites just made the tree look a tiny bit sad, so I had some red jingle bells left over, so we put them on ornament hooks and hung them up as well for a little pop of color.


I still love the tree even though it's not as great as our previous one, from now on we will also try to only get real ones, per my husband's request lol

The tree also has small gifts, snowflakes, and icicle on it. The star on top lights up but the plug for it is rather low down and the cable doesn't reach. 


The little gifts are white, light blue, and dark blue and have little iridescent flakes on them as well as some glitter. 


This is our tree we have also added some fake snow because no stores around us sold the flocking spray. Just pretend the star up top is also on with cute lights 

Let me know what your tree looks like in the comments below. 

xoxo, Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts