Radio Silence?!


You may have noticed that it was rather silent on my blog. This was due to the fact that my family and I were on the road for 6 days as we moved from Alaska to Florida.
The decision was rather easy for us to move back as you can see in a previous post.
The trip took us 6 days and my husband was a trooper and did all the driving. He wasn't going to let me drive in the Rocky mountains but after the days in he Rocky's my head felt like I was swimming and I was so exhausted and had the hardest time keeping my eyes open. On Day 6 we realized that it was due to dehydration. We tried to not drink a whole lot during our time on the Al-Can just because the rest stops were scares. But didn't increase the fluid in take one we were back in the US and Rest stops were plentiful. So, we were slightly dehydrated.

We have seen amazing landscapes such as Mountain, Glaciers, and Glacier Rapids. Bears, Reindeer and Bison. Along the way we found a few places that we wouldn't mind visiting and fully checking out for example Wisconsin Dells and Nashville. I want to go to Dolly Wood but want to make it a family trip including my in laws, some persuasion may be needed hahah
As we passed the Florida border I began to cry, I was home. I was so relieved to be home. The time in Alaska has shown us that Florida is home and for me that was a big thing because every time I thought about going back Florida felt like I was going home to Germany. This is a big deal. We have also agreed to the fact that we will never move further north than Tennessee. My daughter grew up in the South (Texas and Florida) and is truly a Southern kid, she survives on Sweet Tea. The move to Alaska was really hard on her and would I have known all the things we know now, we would have never moved up there.

Needless to say we are all happy to be back in Florida and are slowly getting back into the swing of things, we are still a little out of it. Definitely hope that with my kiddo back in public school we will get into a routine really quickly.

I am looking forward to spending more time writing again and I am myself am getting ready for my Fall Semester. I am back guys and this post should be the end of the radio silence :)

XOXO, Nicole





Comments

Popular Posts