Meet my Schnauzer | DiNozzo


Hello everybody,
It's been quiet on the blog and I have to apologize this week has been crazy. This week I wanted to show you all my Mini- Schnauzer. I love this pup so much and I thought it was time to show him off. He turned 9 just at the end of June and he is absolutely awesome. We used to have another one but Neela was killed by a car. As a family friend was watching our dogs, she wasn't tied to the leash right and ran across a busy road. Sadly a car hit her. It is still hard, even so many years later. I
Schnauzers are amazing dogs. They are intelligent and are amazing guard dogs. However, with them being great guard dogs it also means that they tend to bark a lot. Which is fine by me. DiNozzo doesn't trust everyone and he tends to bark at first until you are patient with him and give him a chance to smell you.

He isn't a fan of little boys or man, which all started when we moved to Florida and a little boy in our neighborhood would love to stomp right in front of him, on purpose. He will give man and boys a chance but like I said, you will have to be patient with him.

Last year, we had a big scare. From one day to the other he wouldn't go #1 and it freaked me out, so we brought him to the clinic and it wind up that he had bladder stones, which were causing him not being able to pee. He had surgery the next morning and was emergency neutered as his prostrate was also enlarged. He wind up having 3 stones, which one was stuck in his Urethra. The cost was a nice sum and we wind up pawning and selling a lot of our things because we weren't prepared for such an expense. But he made it and that's all that matters to me.

 

He has turned into a service animal for both my husband and I. My husband suffers from PTSD and I have Anxiety and Depression. DiNozzo is a really important part in our life and is more like my furry son than just a pet.

He now has to eat prescription dog food and is not allowed to eat any other dog treats or human food for that matter. Now 9 months later, he has gotten a bit chubby, which could be caused by him being neutered as I was warned by the vet and friends. He may be a bit chunky but he is still the best.

I love Schnauzer and would definitely recommend this breed. On top of that they are hypo-allergenic, which is awesome for me because I am actually slightly allergic to dogs but not to my little DiNozzo.

He is getting older and it makes me so incredibly sad that I know he will leave us one day. I can't think of a life without a dog anymore. Losing Neela was already hard but it was easier because I had DiNozzo. I am keeping my eyes out to add a second Schnauzer hopefully soon, so DiNozzo can teach them the way. 

Do you have dogs, if so what breed is it?? 

XOXO, Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts