Meal Plan | July



Good day everybody,
Well I have decided to make a Meal plan for the next two weeks. You will see that there are not 14 meals on the list as we do tend so save and have leftovers the next day, especially with some of the recipes there are always leftovers.
As I have mentioned before we do not have a massive budget for food, and we are simple people. I always joke that my daughter is a College student trapped in a body of a 9 year old. Simply because she could survive on Ramen alone. Which I have to mention we don't just eat Ramen out of the pack we tend to upgrade it to a cheap version of the Ramen we used to eat in Korea. (If you haven't been part of my previous blog, we used to live in Korea and that is also where my daughter was born.)

Here is a list of things I decided to put on my Meal Plan. They will not be in order of when they will be partying with the stove.

  • Chef Salad- my family loves salad and it's just simply delicious. 
  • Black Beans and Rice- Slightly Spicy with some smoked sausage as well. 
  • Frikadellen with Potatoes and Cucumber Salad- Thought back to my mom's cooking and I   haven't had Cucumber Salad in forever, so I felt like putting it on the list. 
  • Ranchero Skillet with Beans and Egg- Fun fact I won't have to buy any eggs because we         have 13 chicken :) 
  • Potatoe Pancakes with Applesauce
  • Spinach Frittata with Feta Cheese
  • Croque Madame- Bread with ham and cheese, with an added Egg on top. 
  • Pepper Medallions with Mashed Taters- This is my husbands favorite German dish, he can't    stop talking about it so I think I am finally going to make it for him. 
  • Speedy Hunters Skillet- A skillet with Mushrooms and Sausage. 
  • Tomato Fritatta
For this meal plan I used a lot of German websites, the reason being I felt really homesick as it was my moms birthday on Wednesday ( She had passed away in 2002). So I felt like connecting with my roots and my home again, not to mention that my husband loves German food. 
As you can probably tell I will be using a lot of eggs in the coming weeks, this is also my secret plan on staying on budget and saving money when it comes to food, since we do have loads of chicken. Most of these recipes have maybe a maximum of 5 ingredients, which should also lower the cost as they are not super elaborate meals, but still absolutely scrumptious. 

Cross your fingers that I will not go back to my old ways and actually stick the plan. I left a few days without a meal giving a chance for leftovers and super fast dishes or just a sandwich. Because let's be honest we all have those days where no one wants a big meal. :) 

I hope y'all enjoyed it and I will keep you all updated on how this adventure is going. 

XOXO, Nicole 

Comments

Popular Posts